This brilliant post is by libby who is our PPC goddess here at roarlocal! Enjoy 🙂
There are 800 million people visiting YouTube every month.
Most of them will be watching One Direction.
Hopefully, some will be watching your advertising videos. And even more hopefully, some will watch your video and make their own way to your website to get in touch or make a purchase.
If you’re finding that‘s not always the case though, start using call-to-action overlays.
These are semi-transparent text ads that sit at the bottom of your video enticing people to click & visit your external website.
Here’s our step-by-step how to…
- Make an awesome video.
- If you don’t already have one, set up a YouTube channel. You must have one of these to use overlays.
- Upload your awesome video to your channel.
- Next, sign in to your AdWords account. Either navigate to your Video campaign, or set one up. Follow all the relevant steps to get this campaign for your new video live.
- Once you’ve done that, head to the ‘Videos’ tab and you should find a plus box next to ‘Add call to action overlay’. If it’s not there, it’s because your AdWords and YouTube accounts aren’t yet linked. To do this, simply click on the ‘Link YouTube account’ button under shared libraries.
6. Once it appears, click on the plus box next to ‘Add call to action overlay’.
7. Fill in the required fields. You can even add a little picture!
8. And there you go. Now with any luck viewers of your awesome video will click on your overlay straight to your site, rather than heading off to watch Harry Styles eating a sandwich.
Good luck, and don’t forget, if you need any help with your marketing, we’re the only team to get in touch with!