HOW TO CREATE SINGLE USE AMAZON PROMO CODES
A GUIDE TO EASILY CREATE ONE-TIME USE AMAZON PROMO CODES
below is an easy to follow step-by-step guide from creating promos .Creating a batch of single-use promos has a clear advantage over “multiple-use” style codes, as you protect your inventory from abuse. It is VERY important that you follow our instructions EXACTLY. If you do not do this your inventory could get wiped out by scammers who constantly hunt for vulnerable listings publicly showing coupon codes.
THIS IS SO VERY IMPORTANT! FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS EXACTLY!
- From your Seller Central account hover over the ‘Advertising’ menu and select “Promotions”.
- Under ‘Money Off’ click “Create”.
- Ensure ‘Buyer Purchases’ is set to “At least this quality of item”. If not select it from the dropdown.
- Ensure the quantity value to the right is set to ‘1’.
- From the ‘Purchased Items’ dropdown select your ASIN.
- From the ‘Buyer gets’ dropdown select “Amount off (in $)”.
- Our recommended promotion is dollars off as it’s much safer than percentage off (% off).
- Set the amount in the quantity box to the right.
- This will differ depending on your products cost.
- The discount should be enough to ensure the product is at a minimum 50% off .
- Ensure ‘Applies to’ is set to “Purchased Items”.
- Skip over the ‘Advanced Options’.
- Your ‘Start Date’ needs to be 4 hours in advance.
- If necessary change today’s date to tomorrow.
- Set the time to 4 hours from now (or later if you’d prefer).
- The time is Pacific time, take note of PDT (Pacific Daylight Time), or PST (Pacific Standard Time).
- Set the ‘End Date’ to be a date of your choice.
- 30 days time is a good option so you don’t have to create new code constantly.
- Set an ‘Internal Description’ such as Launch Promotion $1.99 or Promo $18.99 Off.
- Leave the ‘Tracking ID’ as it is.
- Beside ‘Claim Code’ check the box.
- Additional fields will appear. Check the ‘One redemption per customer’ box.
- Leave the ‘Claim Code’ as is.
- Select “Unrestricted” from the ‘Claim Code Combinability’ section.
- Click on ‘Customized messaging’.
- Un-check the ‘Detail page display text’ box.
- This is very important. Failure to do this will lead to your master claim code being published live on your product listing.
- VERY IMPORTANT, so please double check.
- Click the “Review” button.
- From the ‘Review Promotion’ screen check over all of the details, especially:
- Buyer Gets = Amount off (in $).
- The amount off is correct.
- One redemption per customer = Yes.
- Claim Code Combinability = Unrestricted.
- No ‘Detail page display text’ appears for your listing. THere should be nothing between ‘Checkout display text’ and ‘Terms and conditions’.
- Click the ‘Submit’ button.
- A message will display advising ‘Your promotion has been created.’.
Now it’s time to create the individual promotion codes:
- Click on ‘View or modify your promotion’.
Click the “Manage clim codes” button.
- Enter a ‘Group Name’ which can be the same as before (‘Internal Description’ Launch Promotion $1.99).
- Enter the ‘Quantity’ of codes you’d like to create.
- We recommend that you create enough to last for at least 30 days.
- Create a realistic number of codes you anticipate that you’ll use.
- FYI: Just because you create 100, it doesn’t mean you need to to use all 100. You control how many you release.
- Click the “Create” button.
- A new line item will appear on the page. The ‘Status’ should say ready.
- Click on the “Download” link.
- A CSV text file should automatically download and open on your computer.
- The download will go to wherever your downloads are set to go to. So if it doesn’t open go and find it on your computer.
- The codes will look like this and be made up of numbers and letters:
- Store this CSV file in a safe location as you’ll be referring back to it in order to create your review club promotion.
The good folks at https://www.amztracker.com/ did most of the heavy lifting for this post 🙂